Travelogue - Snoqualmie Falls Encore

Sometimes life gives you surprises in spades. Just a couple of weeks back I visited Snoqualmie Falls. At that time I did not think that I would be going back to the falls so soon. I was pleasantly surprised when my roomie rented a car and asked me to join him for a drive to Snoqualmie and North Bend Premium outlets.

As compared to my last trip which was taken by bus, this one was taken in a car. So it was infinitely more pleasant as it did not involve synchronizing times and bus routes. The bonus on this one was we drove avoiding highways. I have always felt that the best way to see a country is through its back-roads. It reveals the true beauty and exotica of the land, the highways or the interstates just cuts through the country with an endless expanse of the same. That said they do save time, but I have always felt that the true reason if you are going on an outing is the journey and not the destination.

Snoqualmie is an hikers, visitors or tourists paradise. With not too many people crowding the place and the trail, and the trail being a bit challenging it is always fun and there is something for everybody in the park. Be it the majestic waterfalls or the steep gradients on the climb back to the top Snoqualmie gives you the complete experience. You also learn a few new things about power generation due to the various informational artifacts provided by the Puget Sound Energy Company.

If you have an yearning for a nice good hike and the willingness to descend and climb steep trails just to see the majesty of Nature then give the Snoqualmie a try and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

If you want to recharge those drained batteries with a bout of shopping the just 20 minutes drive from Snoqualmie is North Bend. A collection of premium outlets located nested between the Cascade Mountains in the town of North Bend. You have something for everybody in this place starting from Nike, Reebok, Under Armor outlets to Toys R Us Express. It is a perfect way to cap a grueling hike by rewarding yourself with something.

Note: For those curious bees, I rewarded myself by having a White Chocolate Mocha and buying some yummy Dark Chocolate Candies from the Chocolate Factory.

As usual signing off with some pictures from the North Bend and the Snoqualmie Falls... Enjoy!!!!

Signing Off....
G

Comments

Post a Comment