Ganpati Bappa Moraya!!!!

Today is Ganesh Chaturthi!!!! Today lakhs of people from around the world will celebrate the divine that is Lord Ganesh - the remover of obstacles, the precursor to any auspicious function, the favourite of kids world over, the elephant headed GOD.

It is the second year in running that I am missing the Ganesh festivities back home in India. I was in Little Canada, Minnesota the last time and this time I am in Bellevue, Washington. The scale and the majesty of the preparations for the festivities is tremendous. The ear splitting sound of the drums, the dancing people on the streets, the melody of the Ganesh aarti and the many varieties of modaks.

The time of festivals makes a person realize more consciously what they are missing in their life by being away from their loved ones. I miss being able to go with my Veda class colleagues to different houses to chant Ganapati Atharvashish, I also miss my mom's Modak, not being able to bring our neighbors Ganapati is also a downer.

All that I can do is think about family back home as ask the Lord to keep them safe and happy and watch over them always!!!

Comments

Post a Comment