2015 - Reflections of the year gone by

End of the year, yet another year gone, most of the year has by and large been uneventful, makes a person wonder about the quality of life being led that in an year of 365 days not more than an handful of the days stand out in color. The rest appear monochromatic.

Let me count my blessings first:
1.  My parents - you both are the center of my universe, my sun around which my entire life revolves. Well I may not be as communicative as you wish or even the best son that you may wished for, but I for sure would not have gotten better parents. If I am even 1/4th of the people that you are then I will consider my life well lived. All I wish for the upcoming year is your continued good health and maybe spending some quality time together. Love you both to bits!!!

2. My sister - Kavi. Growing up we were two different personalities, not too close or even communicative, what with you being a very popular, social extrovert.. You still are!!! and me being a introvert who can count his confidantes in 1 hand and still have most of the fingers left over. But over the past few you have been there for our parents when I was not able to and for that you have my eternal and undying respect and gratitude. Thanks for being the elder sister... always there to get my back in tough situations. Love you Sis and I wish that the upcoming new year give you your dreams, I do not know a person more deserving.

3. My family and friends - You folks know who you are... yes you, you and you too... Those who have found the time to remain connected in myriad ways, social networking, whatsapp or even email and those who don't need to communicate regularly by know that we are just a thought away, thanks for being there for me - a kind word, a gesture of affection, a thought of love.. all of those will always be in my memories. Yea, we are a motley group, sometimes the banter that we have with each other is all that keeps me going from 1 day to another. Living in a country away from friends and family, the connect that we have with each other is just amazing, you all my personal rockstars...

Emotions don't come easy to me, I find it easier to bottle my feelings rather than let them out, but a kind word, a loving gesture never hurt anybody.

Finally to close off this post, I would like to take the time to apologize unconditionally, wholeheartedly to anybody I may have hurt by any means - a thoughtless word, an forgotten deed or an mistaken assumption. I am not the easiest of people to put up with, but I would like to assure you anything I may have done to hurt you would have been through thoughtlessness rather than malice, so please accept these sincerest apologies.

The new year is on the horizon, to those who are within my radius of contact, I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year, one full of joy, happiness and most importantly health, peace and content.

To those I am not able to reach through social network or any other means, my best wishes and thoughts are with you on the ether.

Life, Love and Good Health.

Kampai,
G

Comments

  1. Very aptly written. Nothing sums up the year passed more than this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment