Happy New Year - 01 Jan 2015

Happy New Year everybody. We are exactly in the middle of this decade. It's January the 1st and its time for those resolutions to come out only to be broken by the end of the week maybe or the end of the month at the max. We resolve only what we can't follow - Human tendency.

This is my second year in running where I have been outside India for the new year. Last year I was in Minnesota and this year in Washington. Celebrating New Year does not have the same old charm that it used to have earlier, it is more of a commercial thing these days as it is with all the holidays.

But let's not begin the new year on a bitter note, I am planning on a few resolutions these year and let me see how well I can keep those by the time this year is out...

My New Year Resolution:

  1. I resolve to be less judge mental about people around me.
  2. I resolve to empathize more with my fellow human.
  3. I resolve to follow a healthy lifestyle.
It's sounds scripted and cliched but that's all I want for my new year to be. If I am less conflicted with the people around me I will be more at peace with myself and that in itself will lead to a change. 

May be the problem today is precisely that we are too engaged, too connected with the people around us that we never take a step back and think calmly. So this new year let us be a bit more calm and do our due diligence to reduce our own blood pressure and stress..

Happy New Year!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment