Reading on Travel

Traveling long distance is a good time to catch up on your reading. With the long flights and even longer layovers, it is but obvious that a solo traveler will be bored out of his/her skull easily.Yes WiFi has made life easy on travels as well, but I for one find it simple if no communication is possible while traveling. I have been running a lot busy over the past couple of months and have been unable to catch up on my reading. So travel is an apt time for me to read without any interruptions. I do enjoy solace while I am reading.

On my current trip to India while waiting for my connecting flight to Mumbai at the Dubai airport I had a layover of 8 hours and took the opportunity to finish reading The Enemy by Tom Wood. Now this book has been on my reading list for quite a few months but I have been unable to finish due to multiple things happening on different fronts in my life. With The Enemy now complete, I am now making a dent in The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. I also have The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly in pipeline.

So far The Job is shaping up to be a great book. The plot premise and the character buildup and the chemistry between the lead pair is explosive. I love the fact that Evanovich and Goldberg don't try to overachieve things, they plan each and every book around 1 single heist. In a nutshell it is like reading through a Leverage type TV series episode by episode. I had a really great time finishing both the books while in transit.The Job was a breezy read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it. Well I must really take more trips like these if this the impact that they have on my reading.

Comments

  1. completely agreed to the point of getting ample time for reading...and envy you for getting them..:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment