Reflections of Past


Just these past few days, I was trawling through my old official mails in PST. I have a system of archiving my mails by year into 3 categories, Inbox, Sent Mail & conversations. Going through the mails brought back some nice memories of the times gone by.

It's almost I can rewind and see the journey happening in front of my eyes. I was a corporate newbie with loads of attitude and large scale delusions of importance. God I cringe when I see some of the earlier mails written. The entire structure was skewered; it looked more like a note to best friend than a proper communique to an important client. Looking back it seems like a wonder that I survived so long... :)

While there are the moments that I mentioned above, there is also a sense of purpose seen in those mails. I can also see myself maturing as a person, it's as if I'm realizing that the adolescence is behind me, the teenage days of raising hell are over & finding the responsibility that comes with the job which attracted me first for its pay scale is revelation on its own.

Reading through those mails makes me realize how far I have come in life. Sometimes it makes me thing that I have not learned much in these last few years, but trawling through those mails hammered home the point that I learnt much and I am a much more knowledgeable person now that I was a few years back.

The reflection on the time gone by made me look at myself with a happy and content feeling. If it makes me feel so good about myself that maybe I should do it more often... :)

Comments