Mothers Love

Most us may have eaten in the best restaurants around our town, had innumerable things to choose from the unlimited buffets that serve many exotic dishes, attended a wedding where the sheer variety of delicacies available outnumber the number of guest... but ask any person what's the best food they have ever eaten, it will not be from any of those listed above, it will be mostly be "Anything My Mom Cooks".....

So what's so good about what our Moms cook? They use the same everyday ingredient, age old custom of cooking over open heat, but still the food tastes divine.... how??? In my mind it has a lot to do with the affection or love that they hold for family, that reflects in their cooking.... Late in the night, ask mom to make a simple poha or upma it will taste divine.... Fed up of  ala carte meals, ask mom for a simplistic fare, a meal of roti, potato curry, rice and dal will get your taste buds blazing...

I guess this is the reason why in spite of living outside my home for the last 6 years, i find myself coming home every weekend without fail... I guess I the food made by Mom too much to survive for more than a couple of weeks without it... Love You Mom, I may not have said it as much as I would like to but you are and will always be the No.1 person in my world... Always!!!!!!!

Comments