Coffee Tales

Coffee is the instant stimulant of the corporate world. Every corporate worth it's salt has a coffee vending machine on it's premise, some companies even go the distance offering exotic beans and beverages free on premise.

The humble coffee bean has come a long way. That coffee  with caffeine as a stimulant is very necessary for those moments when you feel that your brain is about to dribble out from between your ears... Mostly coffee has it's associated downfalls like making a person hyper active, leading to sleep apnea and so on...

While I have been a coffee consumers by and large for the better part of my adulthood, the negative effects of coffee and caffine seemed to have given me the bypass. One of my earliest memories of being a coffee drinker was the time when I was studying in college and it was close to my exams.


Me being the hyped up popinjay that I was declared grandly to my mom that today I am planning to pull an all nighter for studying and I will need an thermos full of coffee to assist me in my Noble endeavors.

My mom being the softie that she was, promptly made me a thermos full of piping hot coffee and at 10 PM night I started what was supposed to be a marathon of late night studying well into the wee hours of the new day.

Minutes soon turned to hours and mom being mom turned up to check on me at around 11:30 PM in the night and lo behold what should she find....

Yours truly snoring away sitting in the chair and the empty thermos of coffee having been of no use at all... I think that was the last time my mother trusted me to pull an all nighter...

Love you lots Mom!!!

Still!!! Fond Memories...

Comments

Post a Comment